Thursday 7 September 2017

Congregation Voodoo Queen

As it happens one or two times a year, I got sidetracked by a new project. This time it's Dracula's America. An Old West Gothic Horror skirmish game released by Osprey with miniatures by North Star. Miniatures by Mark Copplestone and Mike Owen that is. Just as the Rogue Star game last year and Frostgrave before, I'm basically in it for the miniatures. Copplestone did some amazing vampires and voodoo cultists. The latter are called the Congregation in the game.
I'll probably never play it but that doesn't matter. I finlly found a way to repurpose some Foundry Darkest Africa miniatures I had lying around for ages.
Here's the Voodoo Queen with her following.

I also bought some Foundry Old West miniatures. Who would've thought. I really never cared at all for cowboys and indians and the only western movies I like for more than the soundtrack are Dead Man and El Topo. Return to Cold Mountain isn't bad either.

That said Vampires, zombies and voodoo cultists are pretty cool.
Here's a mexican vampire ready to waste a drunk moonshiner
I also found a purpose for this great Bob Murch Ghast from the RafM Chtulhu range.
A Wendigo, an evil man-eating spirit from native american myth.
The parallels between Lovecraft's ghouls and ghasts and indian wendigo are actually amazing. More or less the same thing really.
I even made some scenery, two (of three-) abandoned slave cabins on a devastated plantation. The hide-out of the Congregation guerillas. I'm very happy with the result but it really took a long time to built, cutting out all these pieces of cardstock. Boring!
Next (hopefully) another cabin, a big barn for the voodoo celebrations (with all the symbols painted on floor and walls) and maybe a burned down plantation house.

1 comment:

Herr Zinnling said...

Great project! Love the houses. Cheers, Karl